I am a lover of all things old. Rusty things, vintage things, broken old things, found things, thrift store buys, anything I remember from my childhood, and things I saw at my Gran's house when I was little. I love using them in old ways as they were intended or sometimes new altered and mosaic ways, as long as they are not thrown away. I am a country living and loving woman. I love Jesus, my husband, my kids, my grandkids, my family, my dogs, my cats and my chickens, ducks, and rabbit. Gardening is my summer love and long summer days in the yard under the shade tree with my sisters and the breeze blowing. Ahhhh. Life is good.





Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hit The Jackpot

Hubby & I found half a truckload of vintage tools thrown out by somebody and we picked them ALL up and brought them home. I know alot of people could care less about these old things but it broke my heart. Somebody kept these tools all their life and when they passed on the family tossed them all out. Some of this stuff came from the early 1900s or before. I feel like we did a good deed by saving them from going to the landfill and maybe they will find their way now to some who will love them again. Us for now but some will end up in my etsy shop sooner or later for others to buy and others we will keep for us. I am so glad we were in the right place at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment